The way to your council flat in Vienna.
1. When and who is qualified for a council flat (= Gemeindewohnung) & smart flat (=Smart Wohnung)?
– minimun age limit: 18 years
– An Austrian, Swiss or EU/EEA citizen
– or a person with a recognised refugee status or a “permanent EU residence” permit under the NAG
– a permanently registration at an address in Vienna for at least 2 years and also a main residence at this adress. All roommates must also have, the same length of registration time and permanent main residence there. Except newborned (born in Austria)
2. Requirements for a council flat
The basis for obtaining is the fulfillment of one of many conditions – (housing needs =Wohnbedarf)
– Overcrowding. Means when 2 people live in a one-room apartment, 3 people in a two-room apartment, or 4 people in a three-room apartment.
– Harmfulness of the current residence. If there is a damp apartment with mould located in the ground floor, the degree of damage must be investigated and confirmed by the building inspectorate (MA37).
– Disease-related or age-related housing needs. A permanent disability or an illness (confirmed by doctor) that prevents further use of the apartment. An age of 76 without a lift or with a toilet in the corridor
– Young people’s registration (= Jungwienervormerkung) occurs when the age of 30 is not reached and are married, for single parents, if a pregnant women do not have an own apartment (for instance live with their parents or grandparents)
– In case of a separate household or in case of divorce or inability to live together
– Income maximum limits. Under any circumstances the upper limit of annual net income may be higher than (for 2020):
for 1 person 47.210€
for 2 persons 70.340€
for 3 persons 79.600€
for 4 persons 88.860€
each additional person: plus 5.180 Euro
In case of doubt or difficulties call the service number 05757575 or the housing advice number 01/24111.
Den Antrag und die Dokumente sollte man in der Zentrale: Wiener Wohnen Willkommensservice einreichen (Eingang Paragonstr. U3 Station Gasometer) oder sich auf der Seite www.wohnberatung-wien.at anmelden www.wohnberatung-wien.at .
The application and documents should be handed in: Zentrale Wiener Wohnen Welcome Service (entrance Paragonstr. U3 Station Gasometer) or register at www.wohnberatung-wien.at
Mo., Tue., Thu., Fri., 8.00-20.00
Unfortunately, long waiting times are to expect. For that reason, better to make an appointment, tel.: 05757575 or 01/24111.
Which documents must be attached to the application?